3 best free email marketing tools and services lookinglion
July 12, 2023
Read Time:6 Minute, 18 Second
Table of Contents
In the modern era of digital communication, email marketing has become a crucial tool for businesses to connect with their customers, promote their offerings, and enhance brand recognition. However, not all businesses have the financial resources to invest in costly email marketing tools.
Thankfully, there are free email marketing tools available that can assist businesses in accomplishing their marketing objectives without straining their budget. In this article, we will explore the top three free email marketing tools that businesses can utilize.
Mailchimp, known for its friendly branding, is highly popular among email marketing apps and is an excellent choice if you want to quickly expand your email marketing program. Even in its free plan, Mailchimp offers a range of features, including a landing page builder, customer journey mapping, list segmentation, retargeting ads, and A/B testing. It offers a free plan, enabling businesses to send up to 10,000 emails monthly to a maximum of 2,000 subscribers
Mailchimp provides an approachable editor that offers useful tips and best practices throughout the process. For instance, when creating a subject line, a sidebar reminds you about recommended character length and the use of emojis.
When you’re ready to go beyond the limitations of the free plan, Mailchimp offers three different paid tiers for scaling your email marketing efforts. Moreover, Mailchimp can accommodate email programs of any size, eliminating the need to switch to another app as your needs grow.
Pros of Mailchimp:
1. User-friendly UI: Mailchimp provides a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, along with helpful tips and best practices to assist users in creating effective email campaigns.
2. Advanced features: Mailchimp offers a range of advanced features, including customer journey mapping, list segmenting, A/B testing, and more. These features allow businesses to target their audience more effectively and optimize their email marketing efforts.
3. Scalable pricing: Mailchimp offers scalable pricing plans, allowing businesses to upgrade and access additional features as their needs grow. This flexibility makes it suitable for both small businesses and larger enterprises.
Cons of Mailchimp:
1. Less intuitive email templates: While Mailchimp provides a variety of email templates, some users may find them less intuitive or limiting in terms of customization options. This may require additional time and effort to create visually appealing email designs.
2. No email automation on the free plan: The free plan of Mailchimp does not include email automation, which means businesses will need to manually send their emails instead of setting up automated campaigns. This can be a drawback for businesses looking for automation features without upgrading to a paid plan.
It’s not easy to find completely free marketing automation software, but Sendinblue offers different pre-designed automation processes based on your objectives. You can select a workflow that enhances engagement, boosts website traffic, increases revenue, or develops relationships.
Even with this advanced automation, you can swiftly move from setting up your account to editing emails with just a few clicks. Once you’re there, you can create your emails using many ready-made templates and a simple editor. Afterward, you can either send them as email newsletters or utilize SendinBlue’s automated workflows to schedule their delivery.
While you may not be able to send as many emails at once compared to other free email marketing tools, you can handle a larger number of contacts and organize them into targeted lists. SendinBlue also offers the option to purchase prepaid credits for exceeding your daily email limit.
Pros of Sendinblue:
1. Pre-built, goal-oriented email automation: SendinBlue offers pre-built automation workflows that are designed to help businesses achieve specific goals. This feature makes it easier for users to set up automated email campaigns without extensive knowledge of email marketing or automation.
2. Generous automation limits on the free plan: SendinBlue’s free plan provides generous limits for email automation, allowing businesses to automate their campaigns effectively. This is especially beneficial for businesses that heavily rely on automated email sequences for customer engagement and nurturing.
3. Transactional emails, SMS, and WhatsApp campaigns: In addition to email marketing, SendinBlue offers the ability to send transactional emails, SMS messages, and even WhatsApp campaigns. This multi-channel approach allows businesses to reach their customers through various platforms and enhance their communication strategies.
Cons of SendinBlue:
1. Strict 300 email/day send limit: The free plan of SendinBlue imposes a strict limit of 300 emails per day. While this may be sufficient for smaller businesses or those with a smaller subscriber base, it can be limiting for businesses that require higher email-sending volumes.
HubSpot provides a comprehensive solution for all your needs. As you grow, you have the option to expand with additional HubSpot tools such as CRM, complete marketing automation, customer service, sales, and more.
Once you finish signing up, HubSpot immediately takes you to the email editor, so you can start right away. If you’re new to HubSpot or email marketing in general, there’s a user guide available that explains everything you need to know to create attractive and effective campaigns in HubSpot.
Among your 105 lists, you have 100 static lists and 5 “active” lists. The “active” lists provide quick segmentation options, allowing you to target specific groups like hard bouncers or recipients who open emails but don’t click.
Pros of HubSpot:
1. Generous free plan: HubSpot offers a free email marketing tool as part of its CRM software, allowing businesses to send up to 2,000 emails per month to an unlimited number of subscribers. This generous free plan is beneficial for small businesses or those with a limited budget.
2. Segmentation with HubSpot CRM features: HubSpot’s email marketing tool integrates seamlessly with its CRM platform, enabling businesses to leverage powerful segmentation capabilities.
Cons of HubSpot:
1. Sub-par email templates: Some users may find HubSpot’s email templates to be sub-par or less visually appealing compared to other platforms. This can require additional effort or customization to achieve the desired email design.
2. Expensive upgrade and overwhelming full suite: While HubSpot’s free plan provides significant value, the upgrade to paid plans can be expensive, especially for businesses with more extensive needs. Additionally, the full suite of HubSpot’s marketing automation tools can be overwhelming for users who may not require all the features they offer.
Are there any limitations to Mailchimp’s email templates?
Yes. Some users may find Mailchimp’s email templates less intuitive or limiting in terms of customization options.
Does HubSpot’s full suite of marketing automation tools come at an additional cost?
Yes. The full suite of HubSpot’s marketing automation tools can be expensive, especially for businesses with more extensive needs.
Email marketing is a valuable strategy for businesses to engage with customers and boost sales. Yet not all businesses can afford costly email marketing tools. Luckily, there are free options available that can still help achieve marketing goals.
Mailchimp, SendinBlue, and HubSpot are among the top free email marketing tools. Each tool offers unique features and advantages, enabling businesses to select the one that aligns best with their requirements. By leveraging these free tools, businesses can optimize their email marketing efforts without straining their budgets.